The Regional YMCA is in Stage 2 of our Reopen Phases!
It’s been over a month since we reopened our doors and each day has brought us new and exciting experiences as well as challenges. We truly appreciate all of you coming in and making our days bright while helping us to adhere to all safety guidelines so that the Y can remain a safe place for all.
Stage 2 starts Monday August 3, 2020
Here’s what’s new in Stage 2:
- Functional Fitness room will open with limited capacity. Members will be permitted to use that space on a first come first serve basis, and may be asked to limit their time if others are waiting. Please make a reservation for Greenknoll Fitness to utilize Functional Fitness.
- Limited Group Exercise Classes available in half of the gym. Reservations are required and spaces will be limited.
- Spin bikes will be moved out of the Spin studio and into half of the gym. This will allow us to hold Spin classes indoors if it’s raining except for Saturday 9am class which would need to be cancelled in the event of rain. This also allows for spin bikes to be available for member use at various times during the day.
- Free weights and benches will be moved to the Spin Studio, from the gym, for member use during your time slots. Capacity will be limited and members may be asked to limit their time if others are waiting.
- Two Basketball hoops will be available in the gym for family and member use. Please reserve a time slot ahead of time and bring your own basketball. Hoops available for shoot around only and not pick up games. Maximum capacity is 3 per hoop and masks will be required.
- Locker rooms will be available for changing out of wet swimsuits only. Lockers will not be available, so please continue to bring your personal items in a bag to be stored in basket at end of your lane.
- Social distancing pods will be created in the outdoor pool area for families to keep their belongings or sit during family swim.
Coming in Stage 3
- Tentative Start Date: Mid-September, 2020
- Greenknoll Fitness Center will be open Noon – 3pm on Monday & Wednesday – no reservations needed during that time period. Usage will be available on a first come first serve basis for that area.
- Modified Water Aerobics schedule and programming
- Shower Facilities
- Open Indoor Track
- Groups Swim Lessons
The following Stage 1 guidelines will continue:
- Reservations for time slots in the fitness area (no limit) to ensure social distancing and capacity guidelines continue to be met
- Reservations for lap swim, family swim and teen swim (no limit)
- No sauna or steam room as per Connecticut State Guidelines
- No shower facilities except for rinsing off after pool usage
- Virtual group exercise classes
- Limited outdoor group exercise classes
- Personal & Small Group training (inside and outside)
- Water fountains for bottle fill only
- Babysitting (Kids Corner) will not be available
- Pickleball and Indoor Track will NOT be available
- Guests, guest passes and Nationwide Memberships will not be permitted
- Coffee Stations will not be available
- Please continue to bring your own yoga and exercise mats as they will not be available
Traveling out of the State of Connecticut or Country
In accordance with Governor Lamont’s Executive Order 7BBB, effective June 25, 2020, we will require children and staff that attend/ work at our program to self-quarantine at home for 14 days upon return if they have traveled to a state with a high infection rate of Covid-19. The State of Connecticut maintains an information page related to COVID-19 including the travel advisory and all residents are encouraged to consult it regarding their travel and any subsequent need for self-quarantine. This information can be found at: https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Covid-19-Knowledge-Base/Travel-In-or-Out-of-Ct
The list of affected states will be updated on a regular basis as the situation develops across the country. The term of this policy will coincide with the travel advisory or until Executive Order 7BBB expires. In addition, families that travel out of the country will also be required to self-quarantine for a period of 14 days.