Measurable progress, unlimited support.
Pre-diabetes is a potentially reversible condition that often leads to Type II diabetes, and 86 million people in the United States are estimated to have it. If you have been diagnosed with prediabetes, or believe you may be at risk for developing the disease, the YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program can help you develop a healthier lifestyle.
As a leading nonprofit for strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility, the Y believes that all people should be able to live life to its fullest, healthiest potential. In the YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program a trained lifestyle coach will introduce topics in a small classroom setting over ZOOM and/or in person to encourage participants as they explore how healthy eating, physical activity, and behavior changes can benefit their health.
During the program participants will discuss topics such as healthy eating, increasing physical activity, reducing stress, problem-solving, and much more.
Are You At Risk?
Take this quiz to find out!
Who Can Participate?
- To qualify for the program, participants must be at least 18 years old, overweight (BMI > 25; BMI > 22 for Asian individuals), and at high risk for developing type 2 diabetes. A blood test, a previous diagnosis of gestational diabetes, or a qualifying risk score confirms this risk.
- Individuals who have already been diagnosed with either type 1 or type 2 diabetes do not qualify for this program.
Did You Know…
- According to the CDC roughly 35% of U.S. adults have pre diabetes and few are aware that they are at high risk for type 2 diabetes.
- YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program can reduce the number of new cases of diabetes by 58%.
- To reduce body weight by 7%
- To increase physical activity to 150 minutes per week
NEXT SERIES OF INFO SESSIONS
ENGLISH: Wednesday at 10:00 am, July 28, 2021 in Person
Monday, July 26, 2021 at 10:00 am VIA ZOOM Click HERE
to get the link. Meeting ID: 843 7251 6195
La sesión informativa será vía ZOOM: Lunes 26 de julio a las 10:00am Meeting ID: 843 7251 6195 Haga clic aquí para unirse
Monday, August 16, 2021 at 7:30 pm VIA ZOOM Click HERE
to get the link. Meeting ID: 835 6544 3148
La sesión informativa será vía ZOOM: Lunes 16 de agosto a las 7:30pm Meeting ID: 835 6544 3148 Haga clic aquí para unirse
Full Grant Funding available to Danbury Residents at risk for developing Type 2 Diabetes.
To register or for more details contact our Diabetes Prevention Coordinator:
203.775.4444 x 135