The Regional YMCA Responds to CT State Guideline changes!
The Regional YMCA is following the state of CT guidelines: (Source: https://portal.ct.gov/DECD/Content/Coronavirus-Business-Recovery/Sector-Rules-for-Reopen)
What does this mean for the Y?
We will continue to require masks in our facility and require 6ft of social distancing.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times and in all locations of the facility including common areas, locker rooms, pool decks and Wellness Center (to include cardio equipment usage) as well participating in Group Fitness classes.
- We will follow all CDC Cleaning and Disinfecting guidelines.
We want to assure you that we will continue to do everything we can to make you feel comfortable and safe when you return and we will continue to follow all CDC, State and local guidelines. Thank you for your continued support in helping us keep the Y a safe place for all.
Here’s what’s you can expect when you visit the YMCA:
USE OF THE LOCKER ROOMS
- Showers will be fully open for member use in all locker rooms.
- The Men’s Health Center will only have 4 showers available due to the lack of partitions.
- Please use the disinfectant spray available at each shower to spray before and after you use the showers.
- Please maintain social distancing while waiting for showers, walking to and from showers and limit time if others are waiting.
- As per CT State Reopening guidelines, saunas and steam rooms are not available.
- Limited lockers will be available in an effort to maintain social distancing. Please wear your mask while in the locker rooms.
GREENKNOLL FITNESS CENTER*
- Utilizing the Greenknoll Fitness Center will no longer require a reservation. While we hope this will provide greater flexibility for our members, we ask that you consider using non-peak times whenever possible to help us maintain social distancing and manage capacity. Please limit your time on cardio equipment to 30-minutes if others are waiting.
- The Indoor Track will now be OPEN! Masks must be worn.
*Subject to change at any time
POOL CANCELLATION POLICY*
Pool usage continues to be in high demand among our members, however we are finding that the number of “No Shows” is also rising. In an effort to ensure all members are able to make reservations, and reduce the number of “No Shows” we will be implementing a “No Show” fee. Members who do not show up for a pool reservation and have not cancelled will be charged a $5.00 penalty.
Please make every effort to cancel a reservation you are unable to make by taking one of the following measures:
- Reply to the confirmation email you receive when registering online
- Email email@example.com
- Please call the front desk at 203. 775. 4444 x100 and speak to a member of our staff OR Leave a message with the date and time of your call if calling outside of our normal business hours.
*Members who carry a balance of No-Show penalty charges in excess of $15 will not be permitted to make reservations until balance has been reconciled.
Traveling out of the State of Connecticut or Country -Updated
As of March 19 the Executive Order Regarding Travel will become recommended not required. For additional guidance on international travel, visit the COVID-19 Travel Recommendations section of the CDC’s website.