The Regional YMCA is in Stage 3 of our Reopen Phases!
The Regional Y is excited to enter Stage 3 of our Reopening! Our Directors have been monitoring facility usage, and listening to the feedback of our members, and we are excited to make several changes within our facility. We want to assure you that we will continue to do everything we can to make you feel comfortable and safe when you return and we will continue to follow all CDC, State and local guidelines. Thank you for your continued support in helping us keep the Y a safe place for all.
Effective November 23,
- Masks are required to be worn at all times and in all locations of the facility including common areas, locker rooms, pool decks and Wellness Center (to include cardio equipment usage) as well participating in Group Fitness classes.
Here’s what’s you can expect in Stage 3:
USE OF THE LOCKER ROOMS
- Showers will be fully open for member use in all locker rooms.
- The Men’s Health Center will only have 4 showers available due to the lack of partitions.
- Please use the disinfectant spray available at each shower to spray before and after you use the showers.
- Please maintain social distancing while waiting for showers, walking to and from showers and limit time if others are waiting.
- As per CT State Reopening guidelines, saunas and steam rooms are not available.
- Limited lockers will be available in an effort to maintain social distancing. Please wear your mask while in the locker rooms.
GREENKNOLL FITNESS CENTER*
- Utilizing the Greenknoll Fitness Center will no longer require a reservation. While we hope this will provide greater flexibility for our members, we ask that you consider using non-peak times whenever possible to help us maintain social distancing and manage capacity. Please limit your time on cardio equipment to 30-minutes if others are waiting.
- The Indoor Track will now be OPEN! We are limiting usage to no more than 4 members at a time. Masks must be worn, NO RUNNING will be permitted at this time, and we ask that you limit your time on the track to 30 minutes if others are waiting.
*Subject to change at any time
POOL CANCELLATION POLICY*
Pool usage continues to be in high demand among our members, however we are finding that the number of “No Shows” is also rising. In an effort to ensure all members are able to make reservations, and reduce the number of “No Shows” we will be implementing a “No Show” fee. Members who do not show up for a pool reservation and have not cancelled will be charged a $5.00 penalty.
Please make every effort to cancel a reservation you are unable to make by taking one of the following measures:
- Reply to the confirmation email you receive when registering online
- Email email@example.com
- Please call the front desk at 203. 775. 4444 x100 and speak to a member of our staff OR Leave a message with the date and time of your call if calling outside of our normal business hours.
*Members who carry a balance of No-Show penalty charges in excess of $15 will not be permitted to make reservations until balance has been reconciled.
The following Stage 1 & 2 guidelines will continue:
- Spin classes will be held indoors and outdoors. See schedules for specifics times and locations.
- Free weights and benches will be moved to the Spin Studio, from the gym, for member use during your time slots. Capacity will be limited and members may be asked to limit their time if others are waiting.
- Two Basketball hoops will be available in the gym for family and member use. Please reserve a time slot ahead of time and bring your own basketball. Hoops available for shoot around only and not pick up games. Maximum capacity is 3 per hoop and masks will be required.
- Social distancing pods will be created in the outdoor pool area for families to keep their belongings or sit during family swim.
- Reservations for lap swim and family swim (There is no limit for the # of visits per week, however, please limit use to once per day.)
- No sauna or steam room as per Connecticut State Guidelines
- Virtual group exercise classes
- Limited outdoor group exercise classes
- Personal & Small Group training (inside and outside)
- Water fountains for bottle fill only
- Babysitting (Kids Corner) will not be available
- Pickleball will NOT be available
- Guests, guest passes and Nationwide Memberships will not be permitted
- Coffee Stations will not be available
- Please continue to bring your own yoga and exercise mats as they will not be available
Traveling out of the State of Connecticut or Country
In accordance with Governor Lamont’s Executive Order 7BBB, effective June 25, 2020, we will require children and staff that attend/ work at our program to self-quarantine at home for 14 days upon return if they have traveled to a state with a high infection rate of Covid-19. The State of Connecticut maintains an information page related to COVID-19 including the travel advisory and all residents are encouraged to consult it regarding their travel and any subsequent need for self-quarantine. This information can be found at: https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Covid-19-Knowledge-Base/Travel-In-or-Out-of-Ct
The list of affected states will be updated on a regular basis as the situation develops across the country. The term of this policy will coincide with the travel advisory or until Executive Order 7BBB expires. In addition, families that travel out of the country will also be required to self-quarantine for a period of 14 days.