In order to protect and ensure the safety of all our members, YMCA of the USA and our Insurance Company will now require us to swim test anyone between the ages of 5 and 17.
If the child/teen can proficiently perform the following skills they will be given a band, which allows them in the deep end of the pool:
- Swim 25 yards unassisted and without rest
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Jump in the pool, float on back for 10 seconds, swim to side and exit the pool
If you do not pass the swim test and the water is more than armpit deep, you will need to have a Coast Guard Approved Personal Floatation Device (PFD).
We will have swim testing on the following days and times:
- Wednesdays, 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Saturdays, 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- Sundays, 9:00am – 11:00am
In addition, we will have the following testing hours during Spring Break, April 15th thru April 19th:
- Monday thru Friday 9:00am – 12:00pm
If your child attends our swim lessons, Level 4 and above, and they are a full members, they will receive a band in class. They will also receive a band if they are on the MAKO Swim Team.
You will only be allowed in the shallow end of the pool if you do not pass the swim test or forget your band.